Thread: Hi everyone
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 12:34 AM   #27
Japo
Autonomous human

I don't actually know at all why Data decided to leave definitely, but I wouldn't think it was mainly because of this. First of all as far as I knew he was responsible for a lot of the coding of the old website. I would understand if he got pissed when it was replaced by this Studentis version, speciallys since I think it was made without his involvent or at least decisions were taken against his advice.

Secondly it's normal for people to leave because of many reasons, no need to blame any of the drama... Tom did, Maikel, many other admins, Dave, others went lurking Titan, Horseman etc. and check back ever less frequently until they also stop doing it.

The last incident with Seb that got him finally banned permanently was kinda similar but he staged a coup by blocking access for other admins. In the end he and Romano must have realized that the coup was untenable, no idea what they discussed or negotiated with the admins, but gave up on the condition that they considered Dave more neutral than the older admins who had put up with shit before. That may have been so but Seb was this time banned as a matter of course.

I believe it was around this time that I became a little more involved and became updater. We brought back daily updates for a little while. TheChosen was very active at the time. Most of the time however I have never paid much attention or managed or cared to keep informed about the drama. I always enjoyed AB but not so much for even socializing as for playing games first, later discussing them, and later helping preserving them. This later part has become increasingly frustrating since the Studentis takeover.