View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 09:59 AM   #7
wardencz
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to wardencz

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
I diagree. Gauss Rifle is although the best small gun without doubt, but ammo is rare, and it doesn't deal enough damage. Comparing it to a Laser Rifle, what kills with every shot (as San Francisco is only in the 2nd), or a Bozar, makes Gauss Rifle a bit left behind. Not to mention San Fran is THE LAST city to visit. Better go to New Reno's Military Base! Until you reach that you've to kill only damn rats mostly, what can be done with anything literaly. Comparing that to San Fran...
Well, theres no problem killing two advanced power armored guys in enclave/oil rig in one round with gauss rifle, laser is very weak, even against metal armor, ammo isn't that much of a problem since, at Lo Pan's place, every guard has gauss rifle, so theres no problem stealing like 400 rounds of 2mm EC with each guard having at least 50 of 'em.

EDIT: From what i remember, I did around 200 dmg to adv. pwr. armor ofc with critical in eyes

OT: I've seen a video of a guy, killing 5 above mentioned guys with the 6-rounds "revolver" 0.44 cal. (or whatever ammo for DEagle is) in one round.

Till San Fran. you can just do pretty well with Hunting/Sniper rifle aiming at eyes, bots may cause you a slight problem, but when u break their lenses..

As for bozar, you certainly got a point, it's pretty much best heavy gun, as for energy i'd recommend plasma rifle, only problem is that it's on a short range (i guess 25/ turbo 35) but deals much more dmg than a laser.

Last edited by wardencz; 05-01-2011 at 10:13 AM. Reason: edit
wardencz is offline                         Send a private message to wardencz