View Single Post
Old 25-04-2008, 09:24 PM   #14
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazgotsaved View Post
I'll just start by saying I'm not going to argue the Ultima/FF idea *at all* - you like yours, I like mine :P

NMA is ... well, there's too much to write here. Short story is, NMA is a bunch of 13 year olds who still talk about Fallout like it's relevant, and it may be the biggest 'fallout fansite', but it's not the best. A LOT of their content was taken from DuckandCover.cx - which is in itself another story which you can find on Wikia - too much to write. NMA is just bogus, plain and simple. Most of their old and contributing members were ripped off of other fansites, and they just happen to be the fat Jabba the Hutt of the group.

I think we can agree on *most* of what you said about Fallout 1 and 2 - 1's story is better, 2 has much better gameplay, etc, but the story sucks? No, sir.

I said nothing about SotF - I said I had it illegally downl...um....legally purchased and sitting on my desktop in RAR format waiting to be played.

The only part I fully agree with you on is everything you said about the oil platform section of Fallout 2 - uninspired about sums it up.
First off, Duck and Cover is exactly what you said NMA was, you're mixing it up. NMA is the oldest fansite, the largest, and their information is not "ripped" from Duck And Cover because most of their relevant Fallout info has been around for countless years.

D&C also has a much younger community, the majority of its members hardly seem to be able to spell properly. You must be one of those cornheads who think that Bethesda is doing right with Fallout 3 and finds it fit to brainlessly side with the idiotic gaming media and jab at the NMA community every time you get the chance, I've heard your little "13 year old, Jabba The Hut" or whatever accusations before, on places filled with atrocious knuckleheads and idiots like GameFaqs or Gamespot.

One publication even went as far as to use the word "nerdcore". What the hell does that even mean? I'm astounded at how everyone is filled with complete nonsense about NMA like all they ever do is rage about FO3. They don't, you'll only see that in the news sections and in the news comments, and even then they're completely clearheaded about it.
You're typifying the ill-informed gaming gurdle, don't buy into that dumb crap.

Fallout 2's story DOES suck, it is the epitome of everything that is mediocre and generic, it infuriated me, they could have at least done something different than what they did in FO1. The dialog was still up to par (thanks to the Black Isle writers) but everything about the plot fell flat.
Also I never said that Fallout 1 had worse gameplay, it has even better gameplay. In FO2 raising your tagged skills to %100 mean nothing towards bettering your character in that regard, and raising them above %200 is just wasting skill points as at that point you're going to hit\unlock\sneak\etc. everything that the skill can possibly effect without any effort.

There are even more useless perks than in FO1, there's a considerable amount of unfinished content in FO2 (moreso than FO1), the majority of the quests are broken and completely nonsensical compared to those in FO1.
FO2 is a great game, but it's inferior in atmosphere, gameplay, story and anything else imaginable except maybe the level of content. The NPCs are largely a bunch of pathetic bumbling morons. In FO1 Dogmeat, Ian, Tycho, hell - even Katja were all balanced and extremely useful, despite the inability to really modify their equipment.

Yet in FO2 you get idiots like Marcus who sucks up bullets and then proceeds to shoot them into your back with his atrocious Big Guns skill, even if it is his primary weapon setup. Vic is a bugged retard with low AP, the wife/husband you can get are of course, worthless and Cassidy is the only NPC who seems remotely useful. Even Sulik has an inability to prevent his retarded self from using burst on any SMG until his bullets run dry, even if you're fighting a small rat and he has a god damn H&K.

It was hardly as polished, and it seemed like a mess. A mess, that while fun to play, was not in the same arena as the original.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy