Thread: Civilization 2
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2004, 02:48 PM   #10
LotharGR
Super Freak

The biggest problem of the compat system of Civ 1 was the fact that even a battleship could lose a battle against a pikeman or a militia... In Civ2 with the "firepower" factor that was impossible. In Civ3 They have raised the attack and defence values of modern units ( i believe ), but sometimes a modern tank can lose a battle against a hoplite, or a pikeman. ( or if it is almost destroyed, and gets attacked from a cavalry, it can lose the battle also ). Also, combat damage does not affect attack strength, something that is very wrong, to my opinion. And there are other things that are not good. Where is the scenario editor? When Civ3 came out there was nowhere, and it has been added with patches ( something that shows that the game was not still completed at the time of its debut ). I don't say that i don't like Civ3, its still a great game, it adds some features to the game that are very good. Like the resource system, but even that sometimes turns to be very annoying. For instance, it isn't logical, a whole continent to do not have iron, or coal at all :P In real earth at least those things can be found everywhere. ... Sorry for my big message, i just expected more from a game with the title "civilization III" and i got a bit dissapointed
LotharGR is offline                         Send a private message to LotharGR