View Single Post
Old 23-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
verek_22
Licenced misery wizard

Default Baldur's Gate EE Trailer

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is due to come out on the 28th of November.

It doesn't look all that enhanced, really. But personally I'm glad they didn't change it too much, but instead gave the original game a spit-and-polish. I just wish that polish didn't cost $20.

I found a list of changes that have been made to the Enhanced Edition, posted by a (probably trustworthy) Reddit user. I'm lazy, so I'm going to copy it onto here:

Quote:
Engine
  • Rewritten over half of the engine, fixing a number of issues and improving performance. This includes: rebuilding the threading model, and rebuilding the renderer and porting it to OpenGL (the graphics are now 100% hardware accelerated).
  • Fixed bugs that have been found over the years (by the devs, community, and modders). This not only includes the bugs that currently require mods to fix, but also the bugs that require access to the source code.
  • Making it multi-platform. PC, Mac, Ipad, Android. With a possible Linux version in the future.
  • Fixed the multiplayer and added matchmaking. The multiplayer also supports cross-platform play.
Visuals
  • Native support for high resolutions.
  • Shader-based upscaling of artwork. Art can be displayed at much higher resolutions than the original game.
  • A generously customisable / moddable high-res GUI.
  • Ability to zoom in or out of the battlefield.
  • Replaced the old CG movies with high-res hand painted cinematics.
Audio
  • Audio engine has been ported to OpenAL (which brings back environmental audio support for newer OSs).
  • High-quality original soundtrack (16 bit, 44.1 Khz OGG Vorbis files encoded directly from the OST CD).
  • New content will have music by Sam Hulick (Mass Effect 3).
New Content
  • 1 new kit.
  • 3 new joinable NPCs.
  • 1 new adventure.
  • Several new items.
  • New portraits.
  • New voice sets for the player character.
  • With more to come in the future as (mostly) free DLC.
Link to the YouTube video.

Link to the Reddit post.

Roll on November 28th!
verek_22 is offline                         Send a private message to verek_22