View Single Post
Old 28-11-2004, 08:25 PM   #8
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

A combinaison of all of the above, with those in priority:

Screenshots. I have a huge experience in games, especially in old games. When I look at screenshots I have a very precise skill (around 90%) to know what the game genre is and what the game is about. Sometime I am wrong but it is rare. When I see which genre it is, I decide if I want to play it or not. For instance I will never play an Adventure game.

Review. The review is a great source of information on the game. It also helps kill the 10% missing in the skill mentionned above.

Looking for the game. If I was looking for a game from a long time I will download it ASAP. However it is not the case right now for any game I know (which are abadonware. However there is some games I would want to download right now which were abadonware before and are not anymore).

Someone suggested me to. If a relative or a good friend told me such and such games are good or a gem and that I never tried it, I may go and download it to try. Most of the time it is not true however, since I already played a big majority of the great old games around.