Thread: Good Old Days
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2005, 01:24 PM   #8
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
i think a good game that should be added to this site is alpha centrui and its expansion pack
Protected. No way.
Quote:
btw i think its time that abanonina took cruisader no remores and no regreat down and put it back up for free down load
ESA. No way.
Quote:
... i have asked round all my local computer games shops and they all say both games have been disconitnued ...
This doesn't mean we can have them here, there is also something like copyright protection, and we would like to respect this. If we obtain permissions again from the copyright owners, these games might reappear. Otherwise, they'll hire some really nasty people (also known as lawyers) to shut down the site as a whole and then sue us all to hell and back - a couple of times, actually. Don't you think it's better to not have a few games then not have the whole site?
Quote:
i would like to see c&c red alert and its expansion pack up on this site for download along with c&c's expansion pack as both games r no longer sold on the market we should be able to down load them with out the esa shuting this site down ....
Good joke. These games are still protected, and some time ago ESA was sending shutdown threats to HOTU for hosting a game from 1986, that is definitely not sold for waaay over a decade. Being not sold has nothing to do with the copyright protection.
Quote:
im thinking of possibly startin my own site and letting ppl that join the site submit their own games for other to download ... i beleave in free trade ... and bartering .. e.g if i say was to put ra2 up on the site and some onewanted it they would tell me a list of games they had and if they had one i wanted will we would trade i think that would be ok considering that these multi nationl coprations would make in one hour what they loose in a second ...
You know, I really think you ought to go check the difference between warez and abandonware. Such a site would get shut down pronto, and a lot of angry ESA-members would then come for your head.
Corporations love to bitch about every cent they lose to piracy.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman