View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #25
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Wael@Jan 6 2005, 03:19 PM
The world was full of life, happenings, never ending desicions by you, festivals, cattle raids, wars, trades, godly rituals, heros, creatures & unique inviduals, And so much amazingly beautiful handcrafted art in every happening & screen, that I still find something I have never seen, whenever I wish to dissever my soul from the world...

Almost a perfect game...

Screenshots /-
Excerpted from my own old review of King of Dragon Pass, once published in a now vanished magazine:

"But the single most interesting feature in KoDP is the way it effectively becomes a different game every time its you play it. Yes, I know you’ve heard it before, but it’s never been attempted on this scale; for KoDP tracks hundreds of clan variables and more than four hundred potential plots, at least one of which is randomly generated nearly every season of your clan’s existence.

Some plots are one-shot situations with immediate, shortterm effects, like a proposed marriage between members of your clan and another’s. Others create story threads that hibernate for long periods, only to burst into view many years later—like one noble I had on a ring, whose occasional, whimsically silly, non sequitur advice about the evil of Elves suddenly turned deadly serious after more than twenty years of excellent service, when he deliberately maimed three Elves in the clan woodlands, victims of his desire to force a war....

I’ll gladly raise a drinking horn to toast the creators of such an original and rich game as KoDP. With variety, depth, and a Celtic folk soundtrack to die for, this game’s a solid keeper."
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin