Thread: Caesar II
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2005, 02:29 PM   #9
j713
Lurker

Anyone gotten the sound to work for C2? I'm eternally grateful to finally have found all the Pl8 files that I was missing, but as I recall, the sound just makes this game!

In fact, side note, kinda funny story, but the reason I decided to start playing again after a 5 year hiatus is because I made a joke with my firends (in the C2 voice) "more plebs are needed!" :P none of them got it, so I HAD to show them C2...but the sound don't work!! AGGGHHH....well I digress...sound not working= Baaaad....

Also, how could this game only get a 3/5? The editor got it right...this is one of the best games gameplay wise I've ever played. Seriously, SimCity with battles+provincial mode+ conquering Europe...what's not to love? I even like the fact that the battles are on plains instead of complicating things with too much terrain (I'm thinking of Medieval total war) The only problem with this is the hassle of playing it on XP... It's the best simulation/empire game I've ever played?

Finally, for those of you who've played it, how does C3 compare? Iss there a provincial mode? Are battles still with full units instead of individuals (aka C2 style compared with Warcraft/C&C style)

shoot ...late for work

Thank you for any help with the sound!

j
j713 is offline                         Send a private message to j713