View Single Post
Old 17-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #10
Juanca
Eternal Player

Yes you are right.

According to cnet,
Bitcomet is the most popular with more than 66 million downloads
then comes bittorrent with 14 million and utorrent with 3 million

what i could notice is that not only utrorrent is the one with the minimum requirements but also the most minimalist and simlistic of all.

Bitcomet is very user friendly in the sense that it has an interface very similar to the one of a browser and also shows all its utilities in a more explicit way. Maybe that's the reason why so many people prefer it...

Utorrent and Bittorrent are more minimalist in their interface but claim almost all the features that bitcomet has...

It is important to note that according to many persons the speed you get downloading a file has nothing to do with the program you are using but with the seeding you are having for the file you want and the right configuration of your program.

As i said before, in the past i used to work with bitcomet and had very good results and seemed to me very friendly.
The only thing is that in that time (i don't know now) you had to configure many settings manually to get good speeds and make it work properly (it is not hard but you have to do it)... What i read about utorrent and i find very tempting is that it has an automatic configuration system and the program finds the best settings for your type of connection and system...Is this true?
Sri Aurobindo
Juanca is offline                         Send a private message to Juanca