View Single Post
Old 21-11-2014, 07:55 PM   #129
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Shadow Man

I pulled out again this game, finally, as The Last Game I Really Want To Play.
Anything else will just be a bonus.

"Not much more" since the last go, although this is a reinstall, and I suspect I "missed" something in Liveside, as I definitely remember fighting there krokodiles and such. Likely the result of going back to the ship and shooting its door open or something... But not sure. Who cares, there'll be time.

But I definitely reached Temple of Life. Man, the squares just before that was a mess to map.

Especially that I have some Undiscovered Passes at this point, two of them to be precise, which way I COULD go. Not to mention those places which are currently being blocked by lava.
This game is geniously made, but you definitely need an attitude to play, for it demands map-drawing (and it is not coming from the Might and Magic 1 era), meticulous note-making, constant re-visiting places... And the whole thing is HUGH.

----------

Found the Bajou (teleporting knife).Will have to figure out how to use it on Liveside though (I suspect that comes lategame).
Also will have to find out how to crack the liveside govis (suspect the same as above).

Got a new movie when unlocked lvl 2Shadow Man.
Unlocked secret "play as duppie".

Found those crocodiles, mapped the area.

Now I have 2 undiscovered passages, and a lvl 2 door to choose from where to go.

-------

New movie when reached the perimeter of the Asylum. Also new talks.

Not to mention I walked all available passes, so I can go this time only one way. Keepingtrack where I am is at times problematic, seems the map ... Just don't fit to what I see, meaning parts connect which should not be able. Or it is just me drawing wrong distances, not matching the actual angle of corridors. Still, I'm not lost, so I'm glad with it.

Got two new stuff too:
- asson, which seems bloody useless (all the magic stuff seems bloody useless given the very limited mana)
- engineer key.

Yep, I'm right in the room where the engineer key was, so I'll be able to go and backtrack all those doors I passed to reach here. Or just go forward at the moment? I think I'll try to reach the next warp point to avoid messy situations, like sniper rifle demons and those two meat-hooker which guarded the engineer key (used the baton and sniper mode too to eliminate them, as you come through the roof into a compound room - what the designers thought?!?).

Oh,and I have 76 cadeaux at the moment.

-------

97 cadeaux! 3 more, and I get more HP!

Also, when coming back from the Cathedral of Pain, I just tried to shoot open the door I skipped until now at the back of Nettie's church. And it worked! Just had to aim the padlock. Will investigate next.

Some nasty tricks the programmers came up with though too: an altair which teleports straight into lava, or a schizm which lands you right in front of (one of) The Boss. Jeez! Ok, the protagonist is technically immortal (if you die you restart from the nearest warp point, like for Planesacpe: Torment), but was this really necessary?
I think it was.
Not that I wouldn't save at every corner

I think after that crpyt-door I'll go for the dead-end lvl 3 gate which holds some minor artifact just to lessen the choices I have to keep in mind.
After that I'll aim the Temple of Fire, then all will depend on the found govis. In ideal case I'll be able to go for the Poigne, than Flambeau. A great deal of backtrack each will open, but after gaining these will really be messed up, as reaching the other to fire-immunity tattoos are placed so far..

PS new talk-videos after passing a schizm (use the two-lance one, that has a safe arrival-spot).

Last edited by twillight; 23-11-2014 at 12:51 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight