View Single Post
Old 20-11-2014, 06:02 AM   #128
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
No, yoga, you don't need strong PC. This game was made to run on win'98, and the only version it runs from it is DOS-Box versions.
Legend says there were 2 versions: the dos-version and the win-version, I never saw both, the GoG-version runs pretty solid and is running based on dos-box, but the quality might match the windows version.

Comes to my mind, they solved the juke-box crash bug for Chapter 5, those clever GoG-people. Just to mention.

Phantasmagoria2 was made in mind how Real Actors could incrise the quality of games, but later the technical development shown data can be compressed, but video-files can not (that much). Still, in that age it was a pretty innovative and working idea, I praise Sierra for it.
Come to think of it, from the old companies of the dos-based area (including win'98 OP) my favourite company is Sierra. They had so many PERFECT games...

---

Back to your question:
OF COURSE you may use my guide (if you put it anywhere, pls mention my nick). Feel free to do it! It was made to be used, AND this is the internet for all sake.
Also: I think I perfected all available walkthroughs with this work. I not just added all the official the easter eggs list, but also included all optional stuff, and even tried to organise a schedule where to go in what order to make it the best experience FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY PLAYED IT.
Yep, the game is really not hard to figure out (in most cases, especially if you read the ingame manual what only takes a minute or two), and best played by your own for the first go. I really intended to make the Ultimate Solution.

If you manage to get accross any new stuff, please tell me, and I'll add it to the list of actions (and mention your name). Though I highly doubt that can happen

Oh, sources I used while making the walkthough (although I added things too neither source had, at the same time I corrected their mistakes): HarroSIN's walktrough, D. Melanso's walkthrough (special thx for the re-enter the storeage move), and for the easter eggs: Phantasmagoria 2 Overview Memorial Page.
One more word:
-I have 2 PC.
First PC is located in a room let say A. It uses Win 7 Pro 32-bit.
Also Win XP Pro is used. This OS is installed with Virtual Box.
For Phantasmagoria 2 i am able to mount Win 98.
Moreover i am ready with Win 8.1 and Win 10.
But i like present W 7.

Second PC is located in my hall.
It uses Win XP Pro and this is my game test PC.
Here i may install Win 98 also.

Both machines are connected in home network by cable through drilled in wall hole. I like to play some games with friend battling in network.
Today i will try to find Phantasmagoria 2.