View Single Post
Old 19-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #127
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Hmmm.. your help is so detailed
that i think to see that game after RTC.
Do i need very powerful PC?
Have i Yr permission to copy this review for
personal usage, pls?
No, yoga, you don't need strong PC. This game was made to run on win'98, and the only version it runs from it is DOS-Box versions.
Legend says there were 2 versions: the dos-version and the win-version, I never saw both, the GoG-version runs pretty solid and is running based on dos-box, but the quality might match the windows version.

Comes to my mind, they solved the juke-box crash bug for Chapter 5, those clever GoG-people. Just to mention.

Phantasmagoria2 was made in mind how Real Actors could incrise the quality of games, but later the technical development shown data can be compressed, but video-files can not (that much). Still, in that age it was a pretty innovative and working idea, I praise Sierra for it.
Come to think of it, from the old companies of the dos-based area (including win'98 OP) my favourite company is Sierra. They had so many PERFECT games...

---

Back to your question:
OF COURSE you may use my guide (if you put it anywhere, pls mention my nick). Feel free to do it! It was made to be used, AND this is the internet for all sake.
Also: I think I perfected all available walkthroughs with this work. I not just added all the official the easter eggs list, but also included all optional stuff, and even tried to organise a schedule where to go in what order to make it the best experience FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY PLAYED IT.
Yep, the game is really not hard to figure out (in most cases, especially if you read the ingame manual what only takes a minute or two), and best played by your own for the first go. I really intended to make the Ultimate Solution.

If you manage to get accross any new stuff, please tell me, and I'll add it to the list of actions (and mention your name). Though I highly doubt that can happen

Oh, sources I used while making the walkthough (although I added things too neither source had, at the same time I corrected their mistakes): HarroSIN's walktrough, D. Melanso's walkthrough (special thx for the re-enter the storeage move), and for the easter eggs: Phantasmagoria 2 Overview Memorial Page.