Thread: Morrowind yoga
View Single Post
Old 29-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #19
Japo
Autonomous human

Yoga, the Grand Bazaar is in a region belonging to one of the expansions, which I didn't have. But I'll probably have it when I re-play this. I'm not sure how expansions will work... Will they add parallel "main" quests?

Whatever type of armor you choose, I'd advise you to pay for training for its skill (heavy, medium or light), now that you have money. It will multiply your armor rating for the same equipment. And other skills can be raised for free by practice on your own much faster, but armor skills will get stuck until you pay for training.

That's why I don't think armor skills are a good choice to include in your class, they will keep your level down in the early and most challenging part of the game. If you want to level up you should include in your class skills that will get practiced quick.

About alchemy, with the amount of ingredients you can find, you can practice all you want. The potions you don't want for yourself can be sold for a huge profit. Of course at the start you won't succeed most times, but even if you fail it's practice, at no expense. Or you can pay for a little training, since it's cheap when your skill is low.

The big trick about alchemy is casting anything that you have to fortify intelligence. Then making potions of fortify intelligence. Then drinking them. And only then making the rest of your potions, that will result much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Hmmm... maybe i have to back to the main mission..This game is so huge that maybe one need a year to visit and accomplish all missions. It is like a chain. The protagonist finished the mission and new appeared and again and again till in Daggerfall one knows that after this mission is that one. No more. Yes, some small additional quests were available too but not in this Morrowind huge scale.

One more word. The game is so nice!!! I have no word to express my admiration..Every picture detail is made with love. Real masterpiece!!!
Bravo Bethesda, bravo..
The game and the amount of quests, counting the main quest, factions, etc. are absolutely huge. I don't know how long you'd have to play to exhaust them all, I don't even think you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post
If you're a mage, or the like, you shouldn't be using heavy armor anyway. Just because it's heavy, it's not better. The Tribunal armor (medium) has better end game statistics then daedric armor.
Why? Just because of the D&D cliché?

It seems medium armor choice got very promoted in the expansions, in the vanilla game it sucks big time, the best had lower protection (145) than the best light armor (168) and of course heavy (266).

EDIT: By the way Yoga, I told you how to take screenshots, but I forgot that for this to work you need to edit the "morrowind.ini" file in your installation folder and change "Screen Shot Enable=0" to =1.

Last edited by Japo; 29-05-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo