View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #6
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

As long as I can play Orange Box with it, Im cool with using Steam. In fact, I've always been cool with it. Never seen the problem.

The article is essentially just doing the basic "Steam bashing", while trying to sound like a professional journalist.

Also, there's still the immediate patching for games, tech support, catalog of good games, some old games (Not GOG variety, but hey, they got Lucasarts and X-Com) and the weekly offers. And just recently they started supporting Mac's.

Quote:
If Steam becomes a de facto monopoly, Valve decides which games we see. A bit too competitive to Half-Life? No distribution. We don’t like Match-3 games? No distribution. We’re not sure that anyone will want a game based on farming? No distribution.
Gaming industry doesnt work that way! If there's potential sale, they'll sure as hell put it up for sale, and with selling it online, there's not much of distribution costs that you'd have to worry about.

And how the hell can online sales hurt the PC gaming? Havent this been said hundred times already, that its people not paying for games thats doing it?
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen