View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 02:54 PM   #3
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well I completely agree with the fact that you need to look at the books and quote them properly - that's too prove you've actually read it and that the work you've done is yours.

Now for some suggestions:
I suggest you look at Confucious (yes, ancient China), because he was already (way back) talking about the stresses of the city life.
But I think you'll find quite a lot of good stuff in the following book:
3001 - by Clarke (it's the fourth in the series of his Space Odysseys) and there are quite a few passages where he compares the life around the year 1000, 2000 and 3000. So that would be the impact of technilogy on the way the human society.
There are other books and movies on the subject as well. just take a look at Frankenstein (Marry Shelly). After electricity was "invented" people thought it was the most marvelous discovery, that could even re-animate the dead.
Or look at any b-rated sci-fi film (or comic book) of the 50s. The nuclear energy creates mutants, cures, gives us the possibility to explore stars.

Sure, electricity and nuclear power didn't give us as much as promised, but people started having bigger dreams.

It all depends what you'll write and how you go about it.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos