Thread: Dragon Wars
View Single Post
Old 22-06-2015, 07:00 PM   #14
Morty
Exclamation Unlimited points

Hi Guys,

I played Dragon Wars in Europe in '89 on an Amiga 500. It was this and Gunship (VIC20 or maybe VIC64, I don't remember) that occupied my off time. I was hooked... hooked like a starving Large Mouth Bass on a treble hook...like a cartoon junkie on pixilated crack... like... like...

*shudder*

Ugh... anyways, although I don't remember the details, I thought I would offer this cheat for those who just want to walk in and toss the boss and end the game. But before you read it, just remember that you will not play with the same challenges as before.

That being said, there was a place inside one of the caves or caverns that had a wall, or maybe a rope, preventing anyone from falling off. At one point, a message displayed, stating something about how it looked down there or something to that effect. You then had the option of jumping off into it or continuing on. I seem to recall there being flames.

If you jump off, another message displays, commenting on your bravery or something or other, and lets you know that you feel better, or stronger... I don't remember the details.

Do this about a million gazillion times. Another way of putting it is you may not be able to elevate the particular stat it affects high enough in the same day. You may have to restart the game each time before the event will allow another opportunity. Each time you bail off, you will be sent back to some location in purgatory with two extra strength points. Build them up and you will be Pile Driving Superman before you know it.

I have no idea if this is extremely accurate, but the basic idea is there, and once you see the pattern, you will figure out the rest.

Apologies for not having a more detailed path to follow, but it has been a very long time. I looked around the blog a little bit for this tip and didn't see it, so I hope this helps someone who has been wandering purgatory for 25 years to find freedom and closure.

Happy trails, and say hi to Humbaba for me.

Morty