Thread: New XCOM
View Single Post
Old 17-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
Tom_b
Lurker

Tried the demo and I... uh...
Sounds and looks good but that seem to be about it. I must say I hate this simplifying trend that is going on right now. Or is it really so that age of good, deep and perhaps even a bit complex games is over and never coming back? Is humanity heading towards idiocracy?

I hate this new 2-phase action style, so damn simple and restricting. Also if the globe view works like this, it just offers you some random missions and you can only select one where you send 4-6 soldiers from your pre-defined base and you can't manage your fighters and craft in any way like in old X-com... argh! In old version scale was massive and I had control of everything, it felt like I made some difference. New is like "blehh, whatever. lemme just hit the button so that I can get in to teh battel!". And same goes on during the battle, I just double-wham my guys somewhere and game decides for me when it's time to change soldier and end the round. I admit I almost started drooling but it was because my brain activity went critically low.
Tom_b is offline                         Send a private message to Tom_b