View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 07:58 AM   #380
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Pokemon Red -Only fishing Magikarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
To be quite frank, I’ve never been much of a fan of the Pokemon or Digimon series , except for the Dark Masters (Machinedramon / Mugendramon and MetalSeadramon) who were really cool and powerful!
We agree on this.
From Digimon I only liked X-Wars.
From Pokemon maybe the Diamon&Pearl (to the swines) was a good period. don't ask how I know this later one, but I assure you, I'm not watching it every week-or-what 20+years straight. If anything, I'm an antifan of Pokemon to be honest.

I thought the pokegames are inaccessible to PC, and horrible nonetheless. Well, it's not perfect, but once I'll pass it. Not collecting all critters, just beat every NPC. And I'll do it (almost) without outsource help. Unless I getstuck, because then I declare it shit, and thus my point proven.

----------------

EDIT: The "only catching makicarp" problem is cause by using the Old Rod. Use the Super Rod to catch anything else (for some reason got that before Good Rod, which is obviously inferior).

Some problems:
- the storage space for items are friggin limited. But access to items is limited too. Infinite money would help, but that doesn't exist.
- a megaton of pokemon are still not available to catch. Dunno who deisgned this.
- I thought thing go fine and balanbced, then went to the "poison" gym. Which has psychic mons. That's the most anoying type, as there's no protection against them, so their hits hurt. Ghost pokemons are not an option,as their attack animation is long, and even seisure-inducing.
- facing absolutely unexpectedly a +10 lvl such mon doesn't help either.

- I checked out this dragonair, because it sucked. It sucks in every form, especialy in its basic shape which has no damaging attack. It has moves only with bad %-to-hit, and very limited amount of PP (number you canuse that attack). I though, based on the anime it's cool. It's not. Problem is, there's nothing to use otherwise.
- everything is problematic to level up at this midgame. Everything is lvl 30, and they stagnate until like lvl 50, which is a looong way, and even the buffed exp from enemy people don't realy help. The lvl 100 is just absolutely unreachable.
- the enemy people don't actualy give THAT much exp if you consider, and you realy have to work for it still. People start to throw at you 4-5 pokemonat once, and that just takes forver, especialy them all being poison type, which is not what you'd want to face, as poison kills you just by walking around. Given there's no infinite money, you're pretty much screwed doing long trips to the pokecenter.
- for like forever I carry around stuff I'd make Jurassic Park pokemons out. Literaly like since after the 3rd town. And only in the last-but-one town the items canbe used. That's ridiculous.

------------

Almost abandoned this. They had the nerve to put a gigantic, multilayer dungeon, in the midle of nowhere, I mean large pool of water what means you get attacked randomly every few steps like in the dungeons, WITH a whole-dungeon-puzzle.
Good luck mapping the place, while you fall down in holes, get away by the automatic, and generaly suck ass, while literaly every friggin step you get attacked by a random encounter.
But found a map (NOT on Bulbapedia, that sucks ass if you try to find the direction which way to go), deciphered it. And duh, done.
Also have the problem of friggin many items. I'll just trash 'em, you just see.

the worst thing that bother me in this: the lack of things to do. There are no sidequests, subquests, miniquest. You just go agead and grind yourself through all this shit.
And they have the nerve to release the same game FIVE TIMES: first two "alternate version", which barely differ if at all, and a "full version" like a year later. THEN another year later they make the expanded versions. And they dare to call this "pokemon multiverse". My ass.
And the later releases differ in... what exactly? You get a horde of new skins, some additional features - but there's still no story, just this "gotta catch'em all" attitude. How is this ever a thing?

EDIT: on Cinabar Island's Mansion had to use an Escape Rope. That's a teleportation device which brings you to the nearest town. I went through a doorway, which might have been a glitch, ended up in a locked room with no switch (all doors inside work by switches). If I hadn't found one inside, I'd've just lost 2-3 hours "progress".
Btw, there are "walkthroughs" around for the game, with such ridiculous statements like at this point your mons should be lvl 50+. Fuck that. I have no problem with my lvl 32-42 team. Average they're maybe lvl 35. Or I'm that fokin pro, lol. The most ridiculous thing is still, there are no maps of the area, only semi-scematics. Nothing like I'm used to.

Last edited by twillight; 09-10-2018 at 10:22 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight