View Single Post
Old 28-08-2007, 05:58 AM   #1
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

I am thinking of making a linux build but before i do i need some information (and money ).

anyway i was wondering how the virtual maschine or any emulators would work on it? what kind of processing power would it require?

OK, i know about DosBOX. it's not that hard to work with but has only dos programmes. now those things seem a bit easier. especially games. i mean installing back then basically ment that files are copied to specified directory.

But what about Win XP games (old ones like for example Diablo 2) and what about programmes like MS Word & Excel? i mean these things need to install and when they do, they try to write something in registry some files in windows folder, something in fonts etc. how will that work? would they need a lot of processing power to run them?

What about file system. as i know Linux doens't use any of MS systems. does that matter?

Also will i still need some WinXP version to run virtual maschine?

and last one how does Ubuntu do with onboard graphics card? does it have any problems?
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor