Thread: Hi everyone
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 04:06 AM   #12
Japo
Autonomous human

o_o shite Tom good to see you by Jove!!

You know it's been long when I am an admin now. I wonder if you remember me as a user or updater or from AR after so long. To clarify some of Marko's updates...

It's now a different Swedish company, Abovo. Studentis went apparently bust and Abandonia must have been bought out instead of scrapped (fortunately I guess), not that we got much information about that. Same old, but at least these people answer emails, and fix some things if they notice the water from the engine room reaching the passenger's necks :P

I'm sure Horseman will post as soon as he sees this... actually I'll irc him right now. He and Lulu are now as big lurkers as Titan, but still around. Dave has been in indefinite absence for... a couple of years? His being nominally head honcho was some kind of armistice appointment from Romano if I cared to recall correctly (so no comment there... but the dissident drama is finally over for good) and well it's also the fact that Dave was working so much for the site, he is the best guy 1st of all. EOF resigned from Troubleshooting moderation long ago -- there Spectre and I were in charge though I think he's likely forgotten it again :P

Updates are slow because of lack of work and because they involve even more manual work now than back in your days and the "new" website is full of bugs (and "full" is not a figure of speech here). The avatars were lost during the Apocalypse when Kosta remade the website with Studentis. Once a year or so we like to idly discuss big plans (just check the admin and updaters' boards) about how to fix everything. Well the current owners respond to our emails so we could propose something if we wanted.

I expect this appearance of yours to make a couple of old lurkers pop their heads out :-) And I will check your website later!