View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #12
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyerguds View Post
What I could do is make a pseudo-"Covert Operations" ISO created with of nothing but files from the original 2 CDs, the updated dino missions and the Covert Ops demo.

It would remove the 'offensive' Covert Ops material, but still give a working New Missions list, with even some missions in it. Would that be OK?
That would be perfectly fine, yes.

Quote:
The Covert Ops definitely is abandonware. Not freeware, probably not legal to share, but definitely abandoned. I doubt they really realize it exists, otherwise I don't see why they didn't release it with the other 2 ISOs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyerguds View Post
If you want evidence of them not caring, well, I posted several times in the EA forum that I was planning to release the Covert Ops ISO, and no moderator even replied to that. I even released the pack I linked to earlier, with all Covert Ops media. No moderator even noticed.
The moderators don't usually check every topic that appears on their forum.
But, let me propose something: if you ask some of the EA's forum admins (try that forum's PM feature or e-mail) whether Covert Ops is okay to share around this way and they do say it is, I'll talk with Kosta about possibility of allowing it in the Cellar.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman