View Single Post
Old 28-12-2005, 05:55 AM   #1995
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
Promotions and stat gains are based on combat experience. Get a weapon hit or a sucessfully psi attack and you get a "combat exp point". This means that you TU, Health, Stamina and Strength will go up along with either your Psi Skill or Firing Accuracy (whichever you attacked with). More exp points means that you are more likely to get promoted over others in the same rank or get on the higher end of the 1-5 stat point gains.
I hold my position, experience make your troops gain skills but better skilled soldiers get the promotions. Only the first promotion from Rookie to Squadie is based in practical experience(had made one kill or survived two missions). Other promotions are only based in skills. Experinced soldier will gain skill level making got a better status to be promoted , but it didnīt change hoe the promotions goes. If a trooper come with very high skills, he go in two mission without improving none skill, and other comes with too low skills but killing several aliens gains many skills but not many as the first trooper; the first trooper will be promoted to sergeant.
The starting point of this dicuss was that i said that high rakend officers got better Psi skills. This is when u canīt see their Psi skill, if the best discovered skills trooper donīt the promotion, the promoted soldier must got good covered skills(Psi) making him better to promotion. And TFTD aka X-com II, itīs rare to got an top officier(more than sergeant) without MC skills. MC in Xcom 2 = Psi in Xcom 1.