Thread: Dune
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #377
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
I really liked Dune. I now play Mars Frontier on Facebook. Are there any other recent equivalents?
I never came across a game which look like anything similar to Dune since Dune got out.

Quote:
So many evenings spent with that game - fascinating plot, beautiful graphics (landscapes, sunsets) and interesting characters. It had only one disadvantage - plot in adventure layer of the game was very line one. There was only one path to finish it. But it doesn't matter overall, one of the best games in hitory!
Well... Dune first and foremost is a novel. They used the novel to adapt a movie which turned out to be very popular at the time it got out and they wanted to cash in to that by making games out of it. It was a popular trend at the time.

Since the story is taken almost literally from the books and expanded to make a game out of it (same happened for Dune II) then there is very little room for the game designers to move past the main storyline plot and do something new.