Thread: Protostar
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2006, 08:07 AM   #43
Baeron

Thanks for posting the spoilers.

Also, a "nice" way of getting alot of money. First, sell the particle gun and shield from your explorer. You should then have 21,000 credits. Go to Boobolla (045,084), and talk to their ground defense. Pick a humble attitude and ask a few questions. Next, go to a city and do the same thing. I tended to pick naive when trading with them. At this point you should be able to purchase doltinker for 22 credits. If you cant, find some other derestra to talk to. I don't haggle because it can make them mad with the volume I buy and they would raise the price back up. Spend all your money on buying it. Then return to the outpost and sell the doltinker for 50 credits each. At this point I sell the engine from the starship and buy a class 3 engine for it. Next, make this trade run until you have more than 38,000 credits.

By this point you should have analysed the 3 lifeforms on the planet. One of them, which has one foot and antlers and I call a hopper, you can buy for 67 credits and sell for 110 credits at the outpost. They also take up 0.2 space. Trade hoppers until you have more than 300,000 credits. (this should take a few runs, I did this by day 42.) On the next trade run you can buy a full cargo hold of hoppers. This will net you 186,000 credits, enough to outfit your ship and explorer with all class 3 equipment, plus you still have the 300,000 to buy hoppers for future money. I made the run once more to send earth 50,000 credits, fill up on stabilium and have pleny of extra for crew salaries.

B