Thread: Protostar
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 11:57 AM   #42
Paulusma

It's like this game, because it gives you a lot of freedom to do your own thing.
But it lacks depth, and is too short.

**** Sploiler Alert! ****

Deresta
Homeworld: 045, 084 Boobolla
Pirates attack you at some random point after you get the quest. Be sure not to destroy the ship with the Deresta on board, like i did (save prior to battle).

Ventu
Homeworld: 084, 048
Prisoners: 084, 111
The thoughest fight in the game. You'll have to fend off 9(!!!) superior ships.
Not much tips i can give, other than that the computer AI responds to your ship's movements in a certain way. I reccomend attacking purely with the Cannon, unless you want to soften them up with pods (which cost a lot of fuel).
Also, work a lot with he [A] and [D] keys (accelerate and decelerate).
Once upon the surface, don't bother shooting down the enemy but raise shields and retrieve the scientists.

Kaynik
Homeworld: 144, 072 Kaniyaki (i think)
Surrender 3 times to get them to ally themselves with you.

Ghebraant
Homeworld: 030, 045 Hive IV
New planet: 117, 111
There are several plantes available for colonisation by the Ghebraant. But most of them have already been discovered by others, thus making them unavailable for the Ghebraant.
It's important that you have the quest for the Ghebraant. Go to the coördinates and travel to the green planet, furthest away from the sun. When asked to whom you'd like to "give" it to, choose Ghebraant.

Now the alliance is complete. The Skeetch hear of it and send in a Dreadnaught. It's invulnerable to normal weapon so you'll have to find the disformed ex-pilot Nodel. Talk to him and ask about the Dreadnaught. Eventually he'll give you these coördinates and this password;
Warship: 156, 066
Password: 29lnr1

To fight the Dreadnaught you'll have to fly around randomly for a bit. But, it's very important to have your entire Cargo Hold filled with fuel. Because the special cannon uses 50 m3 every time you use it.
Well, fighting it, seems to be depending on luck mostly. I attacked it 4 times. 3 times i had several of it's systems disabled, but when i came across it again, it was fully repaired.
The 4th time it was just bright red, and suddenly it exploded when i shot at it again. Save your game prior to battle, is my advice.

**** End Spoiler Alert! ****

-Jaap-Jan