View Single Post
Old 26-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #20
Frankie
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfreddie07 View Post
Nice bump Frankie.

Anyway, in short... you're saying this is a terrible review?

Story driven RPGs are already fitting well in the genre, but then if the gameplay of the RPG can't support/complement the story well enough... Everything else falls apart. You'd be reading a book, instead of playing a game. Not good.
1) Was reading through reviews, found this, happens to be my favorite game, and I'm a careless necromancer anyway.

2) Yes.

3) I didn't have too many problems with the gameplay. The close view was weird at the start but I think it was applied for not to see your environment further then you should. I liked the spell's animations and I loathe Final Fantasy aswell. I really didn't get it why to whip those animations so hard if you'll have to read a lot a couple minutes later.
I'm trying to take out the best of games usually and play it the way it's intended. This one obviously focused on the story, I payed less attention for the graphics -- which was considered good in its time -- and I was familiar with the gameplay and could come over its drawbacks.

I like some games as I like a good movie. The more I analyse these, the more magic they lose imho. Play it through two or three times and have its memory like a movie's.