Thread: Area 51
View Single Post
Old 17-04-2005, 11:33 AM   #8
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Spookyfish@Apr 17 2005, 10:28 AM
I still think it's a bit fascinating, the whole hype surrounding Area 51. They're obviously hiding something from the public, but if it's aliens or advanced weaponry, we don't know... And we want to know. Now.
But what would you be able to do about it if you knew? I mean, supposing the US military forces (or whoever runs this Area 51 thingy) were hiding aliens and performing all sorts of disgusting tests on them, there would be nothing to stop them, right? There's no legislation that would apply to something like that, so that would mean they'd be pretty much free to do what they like. Advanced weaponry would be another matter, obviously, but then you could always explain secrecy through the necessity of hiding their research from other countries so as not to lose their advantage...
And of course they might just be hiding a huge waste of money which hasn't even yielded any results over several decades. I'd say that's by far the most likely explanation.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles