View Single Post
Old 15-03-2009, 01:38 AM   #10
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
that's kinda weird, from my experience almost all the lcds that i've seen were really bright, sometimes even too bright
Well, the whole point is that there is no "standard" in LCD brightness like there was back in the days with normal monitors.

I went to a store once and there was over 20 computer monitors all lined up on the wall. They were set up there on purpose, the first one on the left was so dark I could barely see if it was plugged in and the last one on the right was so bright I didn't want to look at it...

Quote:
And as a new dos box user, should I anticipate this problem in the future? I mean that downgrading is a solution? That seems a bitty funny to me.
Emulating DOS is not as easy as one would think. In the last few versions, DOSBox upgraded it's running operation so it would be able to run more demanding games well. For that they had to make a new engine or tweak the old one so much that some special cases don't work with it anymore.

I have several versions installed on my computer myself. It starts from 0.61 to 0.72. When a game don't work with one then I try another. And DOSBox being usefull and well built as all the good programs are, you can simply have a different version in a different folder and have no problem with having multiple versions running at the same time.