View Single Post
Old 22-03-2006, 07:47 PM   #10
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I remember being aggravated at finding out that some games were getting bigger than the 200 megs back in the days. Today, I am still very annoyed when I realise that some games take up more than 1 gig on my harddrive.

A game taking 4-5 gig of space? What kind of game is that? Do you need a full encyclopedia library for reference for taking that much place on your hd, or is it just the in-game manual taking that much place? :blink:

Anyhow, you would expect games to take less and less space on a HD, not the opposite. Lag is not at all an issue here, I remember playing plenty of games back in the days in which you had no option of using the CD instead of creating a full-hd version on your computer, and those games never lagged. The only difference was that the CD-rom was working, so that argument is really null.

The only real reason why games take so much place is because of the "new and improved" graphics... Which are really not needed to have fun on a game, IMHO. Thus, I find it rather pointless. When I buy a game, I want the best I can have for the money I pay... And to be frank, that's not happening with those new games which get out nowaday. The size of the game on my HD is only one of the small issues which, brought together, make the games boring VS the old games we have on this site.