Quote:
Originally Posted by ksb View Post
Here are the details for the ships..

it aint complete yet..

Fluyt 8 guns 300 tons
Frigate 32 guns 350 tons
East indiaman 40 guns 700 tons
Fourth rate 64 guns 600 tons

anyone care to share the details for corvette & merchant?
I realize this was an old post, but here's what I have (including those above):

- Corvette: 16 guns 150 tons (up to 100 crew members).
- Fluyt: 8 guns 300 tons (up to 100 crew members).
- Frigate: 32 guns 350 tons.
- Merchant: 16 guns 500 tons (up to 200 crew members).
- Fourth Rate: 64 guns 600 tons.
- East Indiaman: 40 guns 700 tons.

[EDIT] Updated list.

I've only had the Fluyt and Merchant so far, but I really like the Merchant. I sell all the cannons anyway (leaving more cargo space), as overpowering a boarding party is much easier than winning a cannon fight (even with only 50 sailors and 50 soldiers). And since enemies won't fire on your ship if you have no cannon, it's possible to outmaneuver them most of the time.

Carrying ample supplies, small arms, and repair materials still leaves over 450 tons of cargo space on the Merchant. And since it's often impossible to buy 450 tons of profitable goods in many small ports, I can't imagine wanting a 700 ton hold.

Two short and profitable routes of note:

- Arms from Liverpool to Bordeaux makes about 45% profit, and the return trip with liquor runs around 60%-80% (it varies over time). If you can't get a full load of liquor (there's usually around 400 tons at port), you can finish off with spices or tea for about 25% profit.

- Arms from Boston to Charleston is also around 45% profit, but the return trip with tobacco runs about 180% (there's usually 450 tons or so at port). I made a fortune rather quickly on this one.

A question...
Someone mentioned that copying a folder from the CD allowed more voice sounds to be played. Does anyone know the name of this folder? I think the download already has those extra voices, but the only one that plays is the tavern cheer when you buy a round of drinks.

I really like this little game...

"At game's end, king and pawn go in the same box."

Last edited by DOS dinosaur; 17-11-2009 at 09:06 PM.
DOS dinosaur is offline                         Send a private message to DOS dinosaur