View Single Post
Old 17-12-2004, 12:41 PM   #11
PatrickRitchie

I finally won this game last night, played as Russia historical level 1/1 and made my moon landing in the spring of 71 with a JT Voshkod mission. It was a really close behind as the US got 11 of the space firsts. Duration 'D', manned lunar pass, manned lunar orbit and lunar landing were the only firsts I was able to get. The AI is really good and really lucky at the start.

Some things I noticed:

1. If you mess up the copy protection, save your game and reload. If you continue with 'Access Denied' all your manned misions above duration 'A' will fail. Some of the answers in the copy protection file on this site don't seem to work in game, but others do so keep trying.
2. RTFM (Read The Fine Manual) especially the section on the safety levels of your missions, make sure you understand what goal steps are and what the penalty is if you skip one.
3. One nice thing is that if you mess something up during a turn (research the wrong tech, buy the wrong hardware etc...) you can save & reload and get back to the *start* of your turn.
4. If you want to win you have to focus on the Moon, nothing else matters. So skip any missions that don't A - improve safety of components needed or B - complete goal steps.

This is really a great game, i've heard rumblings about the source being released by the original developper if anyone knows anything about this please let me know! pritchie@gmail.com