View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 09:18 PM   #11
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

No, Fallout had the same thing where my most memorable moments were speaking to Lou or The Master.

What I meant is that Planescape is pure story. There is no tangible gameplay, it's just filler so that it can be called a "game".
The people that rave about it let the story get in the way and completely ignore the point of a review, which is to both technically and personally inform people of the game. That means if you loved a game you still have to point out its flaws.

I loved some games that other people hated, I loved Black & White, but the thing is, as a game, Black & White is massively flawed, I would never score it higher than a 7.0.

While I'll rave about Planescape's story, the instant someone asks for a recommendation I'll give a firm "no". I'm assuming people are asking for a recommendation of a good game, not a good story.

It's not just the participation, it's that everything is built up for you. There's no ability to influence the story or uncover different things depending on how you play. It's an RPG with the story of an Adventure game. It doesn't work and it feels jarring. So while the story is great, they implemented it poorly as well.
I mean, the story of that game is that it ALREADY HAPPENED, this stuff is past tense, the story that you advance through yourself is meager and has little to no opportunity for you influence it, aside from making some superfluous decisions.

There's too much wrong with Torment to point out in one statement, all I can say is that it's a flawed mess and reviewers should have pulled their pretentious heads out of their asses and done their job which is review a game, not get their little brains all excited just because someone managed to write a good story.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy