View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #19
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

I recently read an interview with the guys from Dynasty Warriors, regarding DW7 and how they manage to keep selling games. He boldly confessed that their games don't really bring a lot of new stuff compared to the previous installments. The secret to their success? It's something we call niche, or a specific part of the demographics.

Now niche players are the ones least affected by scores, user or otherwise. They know what to expect from the game, and they will buy it, cause it is the only one that gives what they seek. DW games might be average when putting all the parts together, but when I want a game where I would kill entire armies with just two hands, this is the franchise that immediately pops in my mind.

Let's admit it, you can't have scores that suit all people, cause frankly we all have different tastes. So scores should usually apply to the bulk of the gamers, in other words mainstream players. That is if regarding from a professional site's perspective.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy