View Single Post
Old 23-07-2006, 01:33 AM   #16

This is one of my favorite games. I played it to death around the time it came out. I had the Apple IIgs version so I imagine the sound and music are a lot better for that time. I thought the graphics were beautiful and the music was probably the best I'd heard in a game. It has amazing style and the gameplay was so simple and different. It was something anyone could play and enjoy. The only thing that sucked was that, it took me about 3 years to figure out how to actually save a game. I knew how it should be done, but it never seemed to work and then I finally tried again later on and I don't know what I did different, but it finally worked. Before that, I'd just play over and over and over and when I'd die, I'd start from the beginning. But then I ran into trouble during a part in the final tower. So I kept dying and would have to play hours just to get to that part again and die once again. But I still enjoyed the game, so it never bothered me that much. I think it definitely deserves a 4 out of 5. I'd probably even give it a 5. My only complaint is that it's kind of short. Which isn't a bad thing if like me, you play it over and over without saving. All in all a good, satisfying game.

I never heard of Ys Complete and can't find any info on it. Is Ys Eternal the same as Ys Complete? I'll have to check it out. I have the Turbo-CD version of Ys I & II but haven't played it yet.