View Single Post
Old 15-08-2005, 02:06 AM   #8
strangelove
Abandonia nerd

Excuse my shameless wallowing in nostalgia here but..

When this game first appeared (I think I saw it first on the ST) I remember being shocked. I remember thinking that games were evolving into something utterly different and being highly impressed. Why? Well because it featured a plot ripped straight from a b-movie (I'm a big fan of b-movies so I was instantly hooked) and the way you could choose what to do next and pretty much go anywhere and try anything was just unique at the time. The action sections were less impressive looking back on it but at the time I was just stunned at how immersive and free the game was.

Unfortunately the 'sequel' which as mentioned really was just a few different screens left a bitter aftertaste in the mouth. Like Rocket Ranger (I think that was the title) this game had loads of personality and early cinematic style and for that it's worth checking out. Unfortunately the PC version is inferior in nearly every way to the earlier versions but for sheer innovation and style this is one of my favourite games of the time.
strangelove is offline                         Send a private message to strangelove