View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 06:24 AM   #3
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

Depends on if you're talking about modern war or anything involving combat. Full Metal Jacket is good, but not the best. Depends on what you want from a war movie. FMJ has lots of great lines and scenes and is more entertaining to watch, but I'd say Platoon is a better overall film and best depiction of Vietnam.

Saving Private Ryan is probably the #1 to me with Black Hawk Down being second. Some other good ones are The Dirty Dozen, Apocalypse Now and the Deer Hunter (although not much actual war in those), Inglorious Basterds was amusing, Dr. Strangelove. There are even more you can include if you throw in movies that are about war but without a lot of fighting, like Schindler's List or Hope and Glory or Rules of Engagement. Or if you include movies about other time periods, like Braveheart or Gladiator.

TV shows about war... I haven't watched a lot. I watched Band of Brothers and Tour of Duty back in the day. Never really watched MASH. If you count something like NCIS, I watch that on a rare occasion.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127