Thread: Tanara Kuranov
View Single Post
Old 20-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #22
Tanara Kuranov

Sorry about the double post, but...I think I might have at least figured out how to get this working! I don't know why it works, it's a little convoluted...but it seems to work now.

What you do is you take the savefile (mine's called 'PLAYERK1.YOU') and you put it in the folder of the older version of Klondike Pro. You type in the number that shows up as the key number...don't know why that works...maybe it's cracked? Anyway, this makes the file recognized as 'registered'. Then you put this file back in the newer version of Klondike Pro, and voila, it's registered, and you can play in the Gold Fellow rank...and probably beyond, I'll have to test more, and brush up on my Klondike skill, to find out.

I still want to get a hold of Brooke Boering somehow, if I can, but I think the game is working as a full version now, at least. If someone wants to analyze exactly how the registration works, more power to them (it changes several values in the save file when you register!). I just know a way to get it working.

QUICK EDIT: I did, in fact, try this method with a couple of other save files with different names, and the method seems to work for each one, I didn't just get really lucky somehow. Though, on the downside, now I'm going to be addicted to this thing again, hah~

http://www.youtube.com/user/TanaraKuranov

Last edited by Tanara Kuranov; 21-11-2013 at 06:57 AM.
Tanara Kuranov is offline                         Send a private message to Tanara Kuranov