View Single Post
Old 17-07-2005, 09:11 PM   #4
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Jul 17 2005, 04:25 PM
I run Windows and find it bloody annoying, but unfortunately I'm too dumb for Linux. From what I hear you need at least some computer skills for it - which I don't have.
You could give Ubuntu a try. It's completely free of cost and is considered one of the easier distributions to get running. Others that are just as easy as Windows to run are Xandros and Linspire, but they aren't free of cost. No matter what you choose there will be a more or less painful switch since you'll have to learn how Linux works. It's closer to MacOS than Windows...

This article about Debian pretty much sums up the issues I had with switching from Windows. It's not hard, but you will have to learn some new stuff.

On topic: I run both Windows and Linux. Gentoo for school stuff and Windows for games. Most games here on Abandonia works in Linux though since DOSBox and ScummVM are cross platform.
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG