View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 04:25 AM   #1
arlesya
world wanderer

Smile Back from Japan, back to business

Hello, all dear member of Abandonia.

Most of you probably forgot about me and I don't blame you. It's been almost a year of total absence. As some of you know, I spent a year with a scholarship studying in an university near Osaka, Japan. It was an awesome experience. I have many stories and over 1000 pictures, many things happened.

I was planning on continuing the project of translating Abandonia into Brazilian Portuguese. However, the lack of a personal computer turned out to be a bigger problem than previously imagined. I was in Japan, I thought "hey, technology"... well... For starters, my university's internet was so incredibly slow that me and my friend from Kenya used to joke that "we come from the middle of the jungle and we have better connection than that". It's so slow that some websites like youtube or Abandonia would take years to load... O_o I know it sounds unbelievable, but that's how it was and probably still is in that university. My hostfamily had internet, but only available on their personal lap tops and I was too embarrassed to spend to long in them. I also wanted to buy a lap top over there, but that turned out to be a lot more expensive than imagined so... the nerd here was pratically "computerless" in the land of technology... a very sad moment, really.

Apart from that, it was awesome really! I met amazing people, learned a lot and had a wonderful time. And I'm back!! Back to business and plan to continue the Abandonia project starting next week.

I really like the Abandonia community and I'm very happy to be back :amused:.
Hello again to all and talk to you very soon!

Ana aka Arlesya