Thread: Silverball
View Single Post
Old 13-12-2005, 10:39 AM   #16
csteelooper
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Aug 25 2005, 09:56 AM
"How I can use this game". Typical newbie question. Contrary to your opinion, I think that it is better to direct a newbie to a complete guide on the matter, so that from then on he will have access to all the important info for future reference, rather then have him ask more questions like that, which have already been asked and answered umpteen times over.
In essence, you're right about this. But I find it more decent to at least describe a link you might provide, instead of just 'throwing' it at somebody. They might come to think that questions are not answered in a worthy way. It just helps keeping the atmosphere to an agreeable level... Still, I do think that there are indeed a lot of advantages in throwing a link instead of providing one answer (like I did). Should anyone come op with further questions, because of the answer, then they can just consult the guide.
Please bear in mind that I didn't have the slightest intention of disaproving any of the actions performed here. I just felt I might point out that a description to go with the link would certainly help to keep things smooth. Just say something like 'The answer to your question can be found in this guide' and then throw the link.
csteelooper is offline                         Send a private message to csteelooper