Thread: Battle Isle 2
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeky one View Post
BI2
GEHAUWA - Port to the World

I capture all the cities and such. I use my artillery to pound the building outside the wharf to (hopefully) gain access for capture. However, I am never able to capture the wharf with a ranger or infantry unit - it is always greyed out.

(...)

Any suggestions?
Yes: you need to capture the harbour from the sea-side. This means using a Vader (amphibious vehicle) loaded with a Demon or Troll (infantry). The cool thing about this is that the enemy will never be able to take it back from you.

Don't worry about the patrol boat. You don't have to destroy it in order to win this scenario. If you would have had to do so, the only way would be to make sure you see a hex next to the patrol boat but not the boat itself, then send a unit to that visible hex. The patrol boat would then automatically attack you and you would return fire; repeat if necessary.

I only got back to playing this game yesterday, after a pause of about two years, and I actually never made it beyond OLARIBU in campaign play (actually because I never tried it), but boy did I have a lot of fun messing around with single maps! :-) I am currently having my first serious attempt at OLARIBU, but the computer's turns last dreadfully long, so once I lose any campaign, I think I will stop playing ;-)