View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #12
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
1Q: - If one play every day bout 4 hours and s(he) has middle IQ (not so high as Paco, Scatty and Wardencz, Capo and Kmonster have) when the game will be finished?
2Q: - Link for DL?
3Q: - Detailed WT and maps?
4Q: - What version to start?
1) You mean real-life IQ, right? I'd bet around a week in normal gameplay. But it HUGHLY depends on what kind of character and method you use, because Falout 1 HEAVILY allows you to play in an independent way.
(There is the high-IQ play for all quests, the dumb-character's story, and the shortened path - this later requires ca. only an hour gameplay to finish the whole game!)

2) What is DL? (If download, I think the game is SOLD currently in a box "Fallout Trilogy".)

3) Try this site: No Mutants Allowed
Also take a look at gamefaqs.com I think.

4) I'd say 1.2 (I think that was the patch's version-number). There is not much difference between patches, only in the ghoul-town (Necropolis) things will go more smoothly (ghouls without the patch tends to attack you more likely, what is annoying as you should leave them alive if possible - at least if you play good guy, or don't want any trouble with the ghoul-leader (Seth) before you finish his quests). Maybe the random-generator elsewhere too get a fix (Fallout 1 in conversations have a random generator involved, not just skill-percantege of the character unlike the later parts of the series).
The children-patch (if you have the censored version - to know this simply go to Shady Sands, and if there are no children on the streets you have been censored) is also required for more complete feeling. Although no quest involves children (unlike in Fallout 2, where censorship makes several quests unsolvable), you'll miss some nifty items (to steal from them), and also the spirit get lost without them I say.

Character Creation Tips:
The most important stat is Intelligence. For a first go have at least 4! The more the better, although 9-10 is only a "must" is you choose the Gifted Trait (best trait award goes to Gifted, lol).
Agility determines you AP, what determines how many shots you can deal in one turn. As Fallout 1's best weapon-cathegory is Big Guns (4 supermutants goes for one shot - sounds good?), even besides Fast Shot trait atleast 8 AP for start is heavily suggested at the beggining.
Get 4 Luck I say, as it don't effect this game too much (unlike in Fallout 2).
Endurance can be dropped to minimum.
Strenght should be 6 for begginers, but for more details check the weapons requirements in a FQ, decide what will be your tagged weapon-category, count in the bonuses (like Power Armor), and use that amount.
Charisma depends on what kind of play you want. With high charisma you can have NPC-comrades (the best one is the dog! And any of the others will mean unlimited storeage), and also many quests will have an alternative solution. If you don't care that, have it minimum. If you want a big party have 8 (if I remember correctly the max followers are only 4 for this game). If you want speech-options tagging speech skill is also suggested.
Perceptionshould be invested in too.

Also before deciding your stats, check the Perk-list! Perks have stat-requirements too, and most player goes with things like "Sniper" and such.

Last edited by twillight; 04-01-2011 at 08:10 AM. Reason: charactercreation tips inserted
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight