Thread: Baldur's Gate
View Single Post
Old 24-08-2004, 10:16 AM   #22
revgb
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to revgb

Quote:

Planescape Torment is Torment indeed. Far too dull. Icewinddale is better but it lacks the storytelling element of Baldur's Gate. Baldur's Gate is precisely what a game like this needs to be. Plenty of action but also mistery and adventure.
Im quite surprised you dont like torment it was such a great game, i wont go on about execpt to say that i cant see how u consider the diolouge dull when u consider that at one statge you RIP YOUR EYE BALL OUT OF YOUR SOCKET AND REPLACE IT WITH A PREVIOUS EYEBALL FROM A SEPERATE INCARNATE. classic fun man

Quote:
Quote:
The only one where your attributes like INT or WIS really affect the game.
But, unlike in Baldur's Gate II (perhaps 1 too), your alignment there doesn't affect anything when it changes to evil one - same dialogues, same options, so this one point is not that good.
well becuase alignmnet was such a swinging pendulum it was one of the games best part imo. ur being a nice guy the whole game till suddenly you just absoultly lose it and sell your other party members into slavery to get a good spell, i mean you actions wernt limited by what the computer told you your alignment was, ur actions were limited (or enhanced) by the morals that you actully lived by. i dont know if im making sense here so ill stop, different strokes for different folks i guess.

Quote:
There is talk of Baldur's Gate 3 being in the works. Since the story has been finished in ToB I wonder what it will bring? Black Isle is not developing this one though.
yeah i actully read an interview with the guys that are planning it basicly its not going to be about the bhall spawn what so ever, there just making a new game about totaly unrelated stuff and using the previous games good name to increase sales. which i dont have a problem with as long as they make a good game
revgb is offline                         Send a private message to revgb