View Single Post
Old 28-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #16
Snave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
All what I was looking in the review was if they fixed the control system from the last game. I look forward to try this game out since it seems it is.
The last game actually did fix the controls. The DOS port has two versions, the original with shitty controls, and an update that provides smooth keyboard input, improved sound and some other minor cosmetic changes around the shops. It was widely distributed in Australia as shareware in the mid 1990s (only the first stage) but the full version seems to have been lost. At the time, I had no way to pay international payments, so I had to stick to the freebie stage, but always wanted the full game. I've scoured the web regularly throughout the mid 2000s in search of either a place to purchase, or an abandoned copy of this beloved version and found no trace (and until the late 2000s, the internet had barely even a mention of Diggers at all).

Surprisingly, I never even knew a sequel existed until I was reminded of Diggers by a friend again just today. Time to download and have a whirl at the sequel!