View Single Post
Old 16-09-2006, 01:10 AM   #18
Juni Ori
Forum hobbit

First of all I have to say that I find most perverted the fact that violence in most computer games, tv-series and movies is glamorized and understated. In real life if you hit somebody with baseball bat to head and really do hit him/her good, he/she won't stand up. If you hit him/her hard with a fist to face and hit good, there's usually a lot more blood and less efficient fighting back. Not to mention gunshot wounds. These all reduce the understanding of actions of violence. This may lead into wrong path, where after certain point you don't have a choise to turn back. You've gone too far. Otherwise I don't see games, series or movies responsible in almost any way of violent behavior.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gekko @ Sep 15 2006, 11:04 AM) [snapback]255076[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It still doesn't make me bloodfrenzied killer. I actually sold my knife collection last week, and felt huge relief. I have also chosen non-military career in country where it is almost required (and respected by most). Im very peaceloving person and I will avoid violence by all means. I believe in self defence however..[/b]
Living in the same country and I categorize myself pacifist. That's exactly the reason why I chose to enter the service. To upkeep credible defence force and give a hint to any possible invader that it would get too expensive. Would I ever had any doubts, I most likely would had gone anyways, only to smooth my way to working life... Self defence, yes, I believe in it too. Just remember to avoid any unnecessary damage and always hit only once, but hard enough, if you ever have to. Then go away (after making sure he/she is still okay). One bad bruise is better than ten milder ones in the eyes of law.
Juni Ori is offline                         Send a private message to Juni Ori