Thread: Master of Magic
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #724
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrubb View Post
Wraiths are rare spell, they come later in the game (or immediately if you have 11 death books, as I hinted). Until you can cast wraiths, you have almost nothing to live with. No cheapy good spell a la Heroism, Confusion... No good summons.

That is why I find Death hard.
Good catch, I meant shadow demons (it's been 2-3 years since I played the game, so my memories are a bit rusty)
They're not cheap either but it doesn't take that terribly long to save up some 325 mana points (of course depending on your picks, this is the figure I remember) and pay for the maintenance. I've found even single units to be really useful, potentially helped by a few non-magical ground troops. Especially with their regeneration skills... :thumbs:
But it's true that until that time you only have very mediocre skeletons and zombies.