View Single Post
Old 28-04-2005, 01:24 PM   #1
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Bought that thing with my PC half a year ago and still cannot figure out why the trouble occur.

Basically, when I attach the mouse through a supplied USB-PS/2 connector and start the computer, the optic sensor flashes once or twice but it does not "activate". In other words, the mouse does not work.

Odd thing is, that when I try to use USB port instead, the computer detects it, installs the drivers... and in about 5 seconds some BSOD variant flashes on the screen for a brief second, followed by an immediate reset.

Now the weirdest part. If I start the computer with a regular non-optical PS/2 mouse attached, wait until it loads the XP logon screen and then unplug that mouse and plug in the optical one, the thing actually works without any problems.

Now, even though this problem is _sort_ of solved that way, the need to constantly switch the mice when I am turning the computer on and off simply drives me nuts.

Now, what might be the cause and what is the solution for it?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman