View Single Post
Old 16-09-2008, 05:33 AM   #3
Juanca
Eternal Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
uh wow.. hard to start explaining your misconception of torrents, i believe somebody else will do the good job

i will just say that there are no security measures and viruses going through your "torrents", unless you download them for yourself

and why tabu, torrents are normal file transfer method such as http or ftp, it doesn't have to be used for illegal filesharing
sorry for my misconception R.u.s.s. and i must admit That i am completely illiterate about the matter
What i have done so far is to run a small program called bit-comet (wich looks like a browser to me) and downloaded huge files after configuring all the program thanks to a guide. Even tough i have understood all that i was doing, i am not an expert and certainly i do not know the technical words for each thing on this topic. I did successfully some downloads at a very good speed rate (really amazing!!) and never had any of the commmon problems people had. I never even had any problem of viruses or malware.

but then i read some articles against all this and the scurity flaws and then i unsintalled all that stuff.

but anyway I think you understood.

I was asking about tabu, not because of the torrent itself (as you explain it in a very legal and beautifull way) but for what it is related usually (warez, piracy, etc..). and you never know.....

So maybe the question on this topic should be:
Any tips for a safe experience on the "torrent file transfer method". is there any difference with the other methods (http or ftp ) that would make it more or less vulnearble to security?
Sri Aurobindo

Last edited by Juanca; 16-09-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Juanca is offline                         Send a private message to Juanca