Thread: Syndicate
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 08:44 AM   #224
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
The best first hint: there is always at least two ways to do the mission. The head on approach (which is the simplest and work most of the time but is risky) and the covert approach (you do realize you can mind control any citizen you want to bring with you, right?).

Most missions even have very obvious courses of action, like infiltrate the base covertly with a vehicle then get out in the base and blow everything up from the inside... Or find a dead end with great close weapons or very powerful weapons and torch every enemy coming your way past that corner you keep firing at. The AI will suddenly look very, very, very dumb to you instead of being a hundred times better than you.

Also, this game is basically won by over-researching your opponents. If you bothered to watch the intro then you should already know what I am talking about. Research better weapons and better implants than your competitors, implement them... And suddenly it's so easy to win every mission it's almost not fun anymore. Simply don't forget to bring medkits for every soldiers and heal yourself as needed.

I finished this game in about a week of sporadic play. That was when I was a teenager. I bet you'll be able to find your way around this game... As long as you stop thinking like a stupid average neo-gamer who expect everything to fall on your lap all the time.
Thy for nothing Eagle.

1) You can NOT controll unlimited amount of people. Also can NOT mindcontroll anyone (eg. higher level agents). Also this is NOT solution for either mission I've asked.

2) You do NOT understand what I'm talking about. The pathfinding routine might be (IS) shit, but firing to 5 directions to out of screen enemies, can not be done by biological beings. And running to a dead end is NOT good idea, as with that you'd pull unhandleable amount of enemy to yourself.

3) I have medikits. They worth very low, and NOT one of the missions I've asked about includes them as solution.

4) Nice you making statements, but NOT nice being unhelpful. Please leave contact until you come up with something useful. Thx.

5) Btw, this game IS about outresearching the oppopnent. That makes missions nice and easy, and sometimes is direct requirement (eg. in missions where you need to reach an NPC af fast as possible, or you loos the mission requires leg implants, AND using IPA - and thus heart implant - what function is not even told about in the manual...)